2 – 4 weeks prior to appointment
- Confirm your appointment time
- Arrange for transportation, child care, and/or time off work for the appointment
- Arrange for a translator (as needed)
1 week prior to appointment
- Review instructions sent from the urologist’s clinic.
- Complete any questionnaires and required lab work or imaging (e.g. ultrasound).
- Make a list of your current medications (names, dosages, time of day taken)
- Make a list of your medical history (diagnoses, chronic conditions, dates of previous surgeries)
- Prepare a list of questions to ask the urologist
Day of the appointment
- Allow enough time to find parking at the hospital (minimum 15 minutes)
- Bring your Alberta healthcare card
- Bring your list of medications and medical history information
- Bring your list of questions
- Bring something to do while you wait for your appointment
- Check the information sent to you, so you know where to go for your appointment
Important things to know
- Urologists do their best to be on time; however, emergency situations can arise. Allow yourself enough time for your appointment and waiting time (minimum 1 hour).
- WIFI is currently not available at the Southern Alberta Institute of Urology.